Thursday, June 29, 2017

Creativity and New Media


New Media fosters creativity in a limitless way! I am a big believer in positivity and wellness, and I recently discovered many mobile apps that send notifications to your device that reminds users to find the highlight of their day, their gratitude and also has a place where one can interact with different users. It allows me time to reflect for just a minute and boosts up my mood. My work in human services can sometimes be a thankless and draining job, so I brought the idea to the attention of some workers and superiors to create a forum for the employees in tracking our gratitude for the day.  I haven't created a cool interactive app for my colleagues, but the 'whats-app' group feature is simple and accessible. The group page allows us to check in and list our gratitude of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Gratitude of the day. What a simple but brilliant concept. We tend to take the small things for granted so that's a great way to use that feature. If only we could do that without the help of media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. What humans look for most is happiness, and an app like that can do wonders to an individual by simply boosting their confidence and moral. I would love to see this happen!

    ReplyDelete